Monday, December 10, 2012

Joyful Creations - Christmas Light Bulb Wreath

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

    I bought a box of vintage bulbs during my travels. Last year I just kept them in a glass vase, but this year I decided to get crafty with them. I posted pictures of my mantel yesterday with pictures of my little wreath and promised I would show you how  to make your own.
 Items you will need to make the wreath:
-Wire Hanger
-Christmas Light Bulbs
-Christmas bow 
-Merry Christmas Ornament (optional)

Tools Needed:
- Glue Gun
- Bucket (yes I know sounds silly)

-I started out with my simple wire hanger and my box of bulbs


 -Next I stretched my hanger around my bucket to attempt a better circle.
 - Now you have a circle (sorta) but it does not need to perfect
 - I started hot gluing the top bump of each light bulb and placing it directly onto the hanger.
 -I globbed the glue on very well so it would stay secure after I was done with my project
 -Keep gluing
 -FINISHED! Now time to make it look more festive instead of looking like an Indian tribal necklace or like the next immunity necklace for Survivor :)
 - I bought this lovely bow at the Dollar store. All I had to do was trim the tails to fit on my wreath.
- I also bought this little "Merry Christmas" ornament at the dollar store too. You can't tell in the picture but the ornament is sparkly. So cute.
 I think it came out very lovely! I hope you will be able to make your own at home. If you do please share your pictures :)

Smiles
Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Mine are in a dish this year, maybe it'll be a wreath for me next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will stock up on the bulbs this year and next year I will try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wreath. I glued my vintage bulbs on a tinsel wreath and I still have a ton of bulbs left. I think my sister would love your version even better. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so old light bulbs and this is a great idea of how to use them.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. Now I have a reason to buy those old bulbs I keep passing up at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes mine are in a dish but what a great idea! I just may try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a marvelous job on you bulb wreath. Not seen one like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wreath, what a fun repurposing of your bulbs! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing idea! This project looks easy enough and I will definitely be trying it next year. I am Pinning it now!

    Happy Holidays,

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much would you sell one of those for?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...