Sunday, August 14, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   It feels so great to be back! I feel like time got away from me and I have not been able to thrift in such a long time, but this weekend yielded some wonderful treasures...

This is one of my favorite board games. I found it at the swap meet for $1.00, and Mr Joyful Thrifter and I have already played it. Of course he won, but we had a great time playing


All five movie reels for $1.00 each. The guy I bought these from was so excited that I was interested in them. He was glad I was going to use them as decorations in my apartment. 



Vintage christmas ornaments. I just fell in love with these little beauties. I got all of these ornaments for $1.00.

Yes those price tags read $0.05 each. I couldn't resist!


Fire King mugs for $0.10 each. I am not a fire king girl, but these were so cheap. I had to have them. 


Lovely old Pyrex! I just love the etching on this glass. Its so lovely. I only like the clear dishes if they have some design on them. I paid $3.50 for this beauty.


Here is a close up of the pattern...


I just love that peter rabbit! I got this book for $0.25. Such a sweet book too. 


It is always such a joy to share my treasures with you all! 

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way

Thrifty Thursday

Pin It Now!

28 comments:

  1. Love the movie reels and the Fire King mugs. What great prices on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely found some cool stuff at incredible prices. I love the Christmas ornaments and the old movie reels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fire king mugs have such a wonderful color. Love how bright it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great items you scored. I think those film reels would look so neat hung on the wall.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old movie reels! What a great find! The cookie cutters are cute, too! It's fun to 'hunt', isn't it? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you did so well and such great prices! :) thanks for coming to say hi over at my blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie reels are awesome. Love the beautiful etched Pyrex, too!!! You made some great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I'd hop over her from Pyrex collective 2 and i'm so glad I did! I'm finding so many great blogs today! for some reason, I never find ornaments. Maybe they hide from me so you can get them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds and great prices - neat old Christmas ornaments for so cheap....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds. I look forward to seeing what you do with the film reels.

    Madison xxx

    ps I bet your hubs cheated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mugs and the film reels- very cool! And, I love your thrifter's mantra "I had to have them!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the film reels! Gorgeous finds and prices, too! My mom has that Beatrix Potter book, we love her illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those film reels!! They are so amazing. I definitely would've picked them up for $1 each, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the christmas decos are so cool, especially the pink one! Film reels, cool, be interested to see how you display them. Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of great finds at such bargain prices. I don't find bargains like that here much. Love the cookie cutters. My grandmother had some just like those. I remember her Christmas sugar cookies all decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, great finds! I love those old movie reels, just think of the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the film reels, can't wait to see what you so with them in your apartment. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really great finds -- especially the prices! Yikes! I love the ornaments, and the Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving all your finds again this week! Thanx for coming by and linking up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you found some great treasures...especially those neat film reels!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the movie reels - what an awesome find! The Game of Life - I remember playing that years ago, and I really loved it! Gotta love $1.00 games!

    b
    from
    by b and e

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found your post via Thursdays are for Thrifters. What awesome finds! Those ornaments are adorable, and I bet those movie reels will make fantastic decorations.

    www.thequirkypoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that you bought that Life game! I love thrifting for boardgames :) I recently bought Scattergories which I am SO excited about because I was contemplating buying it new. Everything else is amazing, too, of course! :)Ally @ Fever Thrift

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are terrific finds and prices!! Love the cups and the movie reels. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You really made a haul on these vintage finds.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pyrex with the etchings and the fire king as well. But the movie reels now there is something you don't find everyday... Good for you!
    Great finds...
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those movie reels will make great decorations! And love the pyrex. We have sooo much of it at our house. Looks like you found some great bargains. Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...