Saturday, November 19, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   Oh how I have missed you all! We have not had internet for at least a week or more and that meant no blog posts! Tragic. However we finally have internet again, and I am back with lots of blog posts ready to share this week. I had such a wonderful time thrifting today. My thrifting buddy Mr Joyful Thrifter had to work this morning, so I was on my own. I love my buddy, but it was lovely shopping on my own. I hit almost every thrift store in town, and came away with some lovely treasures.

I just love Saturdays at our Salvation Army because the entire is 50% off, and that is just so fun.

I found this little tree for $1.50. I am planning on taking him to work and putting him in my office. I really wanted a small tree for my office and the price was just right on this little one.


This smaller tree with ornaments was just to cute to pass up for $1.50 as well. 


Vintage gift tags! I found a whole basket of these sweet tags, and they were selling them 5 for $1.00, so I bought 10 packs and since the entire store was 50% off I got them all for $1.00. PERFECT!


They are so cute, and I needed to buy tags this year so it worked out perfectly.


A little bear candle and a bundle of pine cones for $0.60. Perfect again because I wanted to buy pine cones for a Christmas centerpiece I am planning on doing this year. Love it when you actually find something on your to buy list at a great price. 


There is a very small thrift store in town that Mr Joyful Thrifter does not like to go to, but since I was alone today I went there. I am so glad I did. They have  a table of wonderful goodies all under a dollar that I always buy a ton of stuff from. I found this wonderful frame for $0.50. Its so pretty!



My "R" jumped into the picture, and I decided it would be ok. I found this shelf for $2.50, and I have plans to hang it in the bathroom. 


Hello owl, and welcome to your new home. Thank you for only being $1.00 so I could buy you.


The best deal of the day are these ball jars for $0.25 each. They will be getting a good washing today and going straight into my craft room to be filled with small treasures. 


And now onto a fall Vignette that I threw together this morning before heading out the door. I was given some lovely flowers this week that had a cheerful fall feel, so I changed up my blue table to get into the fall spirit. I am going to enjoy fall as long as I can. 



I had to apologize to Mr Joyful Thrifter for taking his candy for my display. He forgave me and proceeded to eat some right out of the mug. 



Finally I was gifted these lovely Pyrex bowls by my dear sweet Aunt. She is well aware of my love for Pyrex, and gave me some of her own that he has had for a long time. She is such a sweet heart, and loves to share her treasures with others. 


Hope you all had a wonderfully thrifty week!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way



Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Nice finds - my children used to have that same tree(the first one) in their rooms at Christmas - and we still have them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thrift store finds are awesome!! And they were at a very nice price~ you really scored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you had a fun time today! I enjoyed seeing all your treasures and you got some great bargains!! Love your pretty vignette also. Have a Great Thanksgiving week and glad your back!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds and so many of them were on your list! Like your fall centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger keeps giving me an error message when trying to comment@
    !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...