Saturday, August 10, 2013

Monthly Book Club Read

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
  A few weeks ago I had mentioned that I was hosting book club at my house, and one of my sweet readers asked if I would post the title of the book we were going to be reading the following month. I thought that it would be fun to get some of you lovely readers in on my book club fun. I love to read so anyone who would like to join in the fun is more then welcome.

This months read is:
The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton-Porters
Set in the author's adopted home of California in the 1920s, this is Gene Stratton-Porter's last novel, a story filled with wisdom, a love of nature, and her own abiding optimism. In it a Master Bee Keeper, his bees, and the natural beauty of California restore a wounded World War I veteran to health.
(Photo and Book description Via Amazon)
I just received my copy in the mail and I can't wait to dive into it. For those who are interested you can snag a used copy for about $6.00 or $7.00. HAPPY READING!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it! This is what I am reading right now! This isn't my first time to read it. I read it about 15 years ago too. I love Gene Stratton Porter's books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my grandmother passed away in 1993, the one thing I requested to receive of her belongings was her collection of Gene Stratton-Porter books. Over the years, she shared with me the arduous process of locating and purchasing each book. I have to admit I have never read one- they're so fragile. I never even thought I could find one at the library or amazon- never thought to look! So, now I will! Thanks and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...