Saturday, July 16, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   Today was a lovely day not only for Garage sales but for weather. It was so nice to be out and about and not be sweating. I just love cooler weather. It was a fantastic garage sale day. I wanted to hit a sale I saw advertised that said they had Pyrex first. I was leary, but they came through for sure...


The Bowl was $2.00 and the lid was $0.25. I don't have a bowl in this style so I was glad to find it.


$1.00 for both measuring cups, and now I have all three sizes...


On our way to my folks house we stopped a garage sale that said it was going to be open till 3:00pm. Perfect because it was only 2:15.


The orignal Pyrex I bought at this garage sale for a dollar I traded my mom for this pink lovely! The lid was given to me by the lady at the garage sale. She said i could just have it since she didn't have the dish to match it. I gladly accepted. This is my second pink dish. 


I got this shelf for $1.00, and after a little cleaning up it looks like this...


This shelf is much needed storage in our kitchen! And for a dollar its even better. The lady said she has had this shelf since she was a little girl. I just love history.


Insulator was only $1.00, and this sweet peter rabbit tea set was $1.00. The lady seemed so pleased that I liked the tea set. I think she was just glad it was going to a good home. 


Cheerful tin for $1.00. I am going to use this tin as a sewing box. I just love how happy it is.

Finally, Mr Joyful thrifter found this shelf listed on craigs list for free. We always need shelves for the treasures I bring home. 


 I will post pictures of how I decorate it later this week.

It is always such a joy to share my treasures with you all! 

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter


~*~*~*~*Don't forget to join my Thrifty Give Away ~*~*~*~
Pin It Now!

19 comments:

  1. Those insulators are really quite beautiful aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow $1 deals! That bookcase and that insulator!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved that little tea set as a child (and would buy one now if I found one!) and the tin will be perfect for sewing materials-- it will make you smile every time you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good shelf and filling it up is the best! I received my lovely yoyos and will have a final craft post up tomorrow (fingers crossed!) Here's the link to the pics of me opening my surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tea set! Great pyrex and you can measure everything now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some awesome stuff! I always love good Pyrex buys and shelves, can't have too many for me! But that little tea set is adorable.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pyrex finds. For some reason I can not pass up a measuring cup at a good price. I've never broken one, why do I think I need extras?
    As you can see from my post I do not believe there is such a thing as too many shelves. I didn't admit that I brought home 10 bookshelves. (It was a truly great deal.)
    Your little flower box is a toss back to the 70s. All of mine are faux wood browns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you got that shelf for free. I love the Peter Rabbit tea set. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your $1 shelf is great! Fabulous find on that. I also love that sweet little Peter Rabbit tea set; adorable!

    One can never have too many shelves on which to place the wonderful finds from yard sales and thrifts. A free shelf is the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Terrific finds! I haven't been able to get out garage saleing in weeks. Love that little Peter Rabbit tea set! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that shelf you found at the garage sale!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shelves are wonderful. You sure got some great bargains.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  13. You truly found some vintage treasures...happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, great finds. i'm your newest follower. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm lovin all those amazing finds for so cheap... but that tea set is definetly my favorite, so adorable! New follower, ur blog speaks to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you decided to link up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...