Sunday, July 24, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   Its so nice to sit down and write this post to you all and look around my little home and see sweet candles lit and a cozy apartment that is clean. I just spent the last 2 hours making my home pretty, and I think it looks lovely and smells so clean. I cleaned areas that have not been touched in awhile, and I feel so good about finally getting to them. Well enough about my cleaning and on to the fun stuff, and that is the treasures.

All of these treasures were $12.00. I would love to tell you how much each item cost, but the lady who priced them made no sense in her pricing, so I just decided to give you the total I paid. This was the rudest sale I have ever attended. It was an advertised estate sale, and before you could even get into the sale the lady who called out the names checked your purse! Can you believe that? She told one lady her purse was to big to bring into the sale. It was crazy. Mr Joyful thrifter was instantly ready to go, but I really wanted to see what items were there.


The furniture prices were ridiculous, but I did buy a few inexpensive items. 




I love this little pin cushion I found. 


There was a small sale right near the estate sale, and I wanted to stop to see if we could find some better finds with nicer sellers. I found these in the box Avon glasses, and the lady only wanted $2.00 for all four of them. I'LL TAKE THEM!!! However Mr Joyful thrifter really does not like them very much, so I would like to sell them if anyone is interested in them. I also found this old date stamp. Only $1.00. I just loved how old it was, and the price was right. This was so much more fun compared to the previous sale. 



The next sale was soooooo much fun. We found some of the most lovely items, and the house was beautiful. I wish I could have taken pictures of the inside of this house because it was in such wonderful condition. 

I found these jewelry boxes in the garage. The big pink one was $2.00 and the little box was $0.50.


Three mirrors for $6.00. I loved the unique shapes of these little mirrors. 


All of these frames for $3.00


This was my favorite. It instantly made me think of Mr Joyful Thrifter.


Coat hooks for only $1.00 each. 



These framed birds were my FAVORITE finds at this sale. I instantly fell in love with these. I paid $9.00 for all of them, and I really splurged because it was more then I would normally pay. I just love them, and they are already hung on my wall.



Two lamp shades for $4.00.


Light switch cover for $0.50. 


It was a lovely weekend, and I just had such a good time finding deals with Mr Joyful Thrifter. 

It is always such a joy to share my treasures with you all! 

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Pin It Now!

27 comments:

  1. You found some great deals. I think those glasses are really cute! Love the jewelry boxes also.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you hate rude people?I am in love with lots of your finds.Pincushion is cute.Love the stamp.I would have grabbed the boixes and cute mirrors too Love them.I have that same brown coat rack from a week or so back.and I love swtich covers too You sure had a great time.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome deals!! I love the patterns all the sewing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the frames and mirrors are delightful!

    Bellaxx

    From a blog you may enjoy!

    www.bybande.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glasses are darling!!! I'm loving pin keeps lately! You did good!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great finds! I adore the bird prints!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Simplicity patterns! I remember wearing similar styles (probably made by my grandmother using the same/similar patttern)! Nice day of sales for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the old, old coat hangers.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those coat hangers - were they re-purposed from bed rails or chairs? They give that impression, & I like them very much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how rude people expect to do well when trying to sell stuff. humph. I like those mirrors a lot, and I'd love to see a close up of that tin in the first picture. Is it a European scene?
    I went to a yard sale last week. This young man walked in ahead of me and obviously knew the woman having the sale. He made a comment about looking around to see what she had. She replied, "Oh, you don't want to buy any of this junk." What? Did you really just say that out loud?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lots of fun finds! The glasses are wonderful and all the sewing things are great! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That date stamp is great and I think the glasses are bright and beautiful! Fun finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the geraniums on those glasses! It looks like you hit some fun places -- although the one rude estate sale annoys me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something about that lightswitch cover just gets me, I feel like I've seen it or had one before! Awesome finds, that date stamp makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the bird pictures are awesome!! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even with your frustration, you did very well on your estate shopping. I went to one today, but did not buy anything. Nothing I could afford.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your vintage finds. The coat/hook/rack is my fave. I haven't got to thrift this week--I'm feeling deprived!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful finds! It looks like the last sales you went to made up for the first one. No wonder you did so much cleaning. You wanted a fresh place to display all your new treasure. ;)

    Thanks for linking to the party. I would love to have you join me each week.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your treasures! My face r the bird prints!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LURVE the birds prints! 9 dollars...holy pete...I'll give ya 9.50! LOL I bought 3 of these a few months ago...I need to send you a few pics....I think I paid 25 for 3 so I would say that you got a SCREAMIN' deal! Mine are not hung yet, alas....waiting on the dining room makeover to be complete and it is taking me forever to get it done now that I am opening a booth.....I'm your new follower...and happy to be here! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your sweet visit and comment! It's always fun to meet another Beatrix Potter enthusiast! I had great fun looking over your garage sale finds! I cannot believe the woman at the estate sale was checking purses! Some people! Sheesh! I'm with you though...I don't think it would have stopped me from shopping! Never want to miss finding something special! I do like that little pin cushion you found...too sweet!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super fun finds! I think little red geranium glasses would really appeal to all the gals out there with red kitchens and lots of potted flowers on their patios. I love the big pink jewelry box! And the bird prints are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog so that I could find and read you! I LOVE following other thrifting bloggers- especially those who are more skilled in the homegoods department :) Crazy that the woman was being so weird about the bags...and congrats to you for having a husband to stick with that whole process with you. I'm so glad to be your newest follower!

    Ally @ Fever Thrift

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like fun! I love that pink jewelry box. Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those mirrors. I mostly shop for clothing but I think some of the better treasures I find at thrift shops are the home decor items. I find so many awesome things!
    I got sense of deja vu when I saw that picture of the little girl in the bonnet (Some one loves you...Me) I think we had something like that in our house when I was growing up. Not exactly the same but definitely similar. So... Thanks for the reminder! :)

    Twin Styles

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. PS- It's me again, I have been looking through some of your older posts on treasure hunt find. I love searching for fun vintage items too. And I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...