Thursday, April 19, 2012

Swap Meet Adventures

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   What a perfectly lovely week it has been so far! The weather here in California has been gorgeous, and I took three days off! Perfect combination. Every Tuesday is a swap meet in our town, and now that the weather is warming up the swap meet has grown so much. I was so excited to have this past Tuesday off to go treasure hunting in the beautiful sunshine! I also got the wonderful opportunity to shop with my fellow thrifting buddy Kami from The Blue Kazoo. She loves vintage goodness just as much as I do.

Speaking of my friend here she is as we enjoy the sunshine and the swap meet.


 For those who have gone to any flee market or swap meet most of the booths are a mess and most of what the stall holders have to sell comes out of their trucks and gets haphazardly placed on a tarp. We were pleasantly surprised to come upon this lovely booth on Tuesday. It was set up in the most pleasing of ways, and I think Kami and I skipped to the booth in excitement.






We also got the opportunity to talk with the stall owner, and it is such a joy to meet other fellow lovers of vintage. Susan from LA REfurbish is such a sweet lady, and we all got to dish about clothes, our blogs and the joy of vintage. She was also kind of enough to take a picture with Kami so we could document this wonderful adventure together, and the joy of meeting a new friend.


I hope we get the opportunity to meet up again because these encounters is what makes this hobby so fun for me.

What a perfect day it was!


Photo credit goes to our new friend Susan

Enjoy another lovely Thursday! One day closer to the weekend and all the treasures that will be found.

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. yay! I was waiting for this post! Susan was sooo nice! We have got to treasure hunting again !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...