Saturday, May 7, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fello Thrifters and Friends,

    It was a quiet thrifty week, which was really nice. Mr Joyful Thrifter and I got to visit a few garage sales today that offered some lovely little treasures. It was such a fun Saturday morning because the weather was great and there were garage sales every where.


A lovely tea pot for one. I have wanted a mini one for awhile, and I found this one today and thought it was so great. I got this cutie for $1.50


Wonderful metal bird that was made in India, and it holds a tea light. I found this little guy for $1.00.


I asked the lady how much she wanted for a small bag of buttons and she told me I could have them for free as long as I promised to buy something else. I bought the book below, which is chalk full of decorating ideas for $1.00 so I got the buttons for FREE!


 I also found another suit case at a different garage sale...


The lady I bout it from was honestly surprised I was interested in it, and she told me to make her an offer. I asked Mr Joyful Thrifter what would be a good price and he offered them $3.00. They gladly accepted it!

Check out the inside...



It came with two of the original hangers. I was so excited to see those hangers. I am trying to decide what I am going to do with them. 

What treasures did you find? Please link up so I can share in your fun too!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Pin It Now!

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely teapot. Good job scoring the buttons for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. free buttons! nice one! and the teapot is sweet! I hope you enjoy many cups of tea from it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Suitcase! And your little tea light birdy is super cute too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always leave your blog with a smile on my face! I love your wonderful thrifty finds. You have such magnificent taste and decorating sense. Thank you for sharing your thrifting adventures! I so enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that suitcase! Great buy for $3. I always love buttons so good score on that also! I love the little mini teapots! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the decorating book was a real score except for the free buttons. I love books.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your wonderful posts! Sorry i have been absent over here the past week! But of course I would feature you! You find wonderful things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great suitcase! Vintage luggage has so much more character than anything new. That suitcase looks like it has been places is ready to see more of the world. Thanks for sharing your lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. always look forward to see your finds. Buttons for free??!! Sob** I would be in cloud nine if I could just get one button for free but free buttons??!!


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! Love the suitcase with original hangers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I love vintage suitcases. I've stopped bringing them home though cause I just don't have the room...but I envy yours :-)
    Cheers ~ Lara

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool suitcase...love the color and style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adore that teapot and that suitcase. Wow. I'll be checking you out often!

    Bernadette
    www.b3hd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those hangers are fabulous. What wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds, I really should try garage sales more often, but they start so early so I go to the op shops instead :)

    Anthea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the suitcase and the people who "do not get it" should give you a fab price. I want enough of them to make a side table...still looking for two more. Visiting from Linda's. ♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of fun thrifts! The teapot is so sweet and I bet that book is fun reading and getting great ideas! Thanks for joining TTF. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love that suitcase. When I got my first second-hand suitcase I found someone's travel documents in it from the 1960s - that excited me no end! Will share my finds once I've been out later ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...