Saturday, May 21, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

    Words can't describe the vintage awesomeness that was found today at the yard sales and thrift stores. Mr Joyful Thrifter and I had such a great time finding great deals, and hanging out. We drove all around town going to every garage sale we saw a sign for. Here are the great treasures that were found today...


Clear Insulator was a steal for only $0.50
Paris sign was $1.00
Milk glass alt and pepper shakers $1.00

The lady that I bought the sign and S&P shakers from was so sweet and gave me a really good deal on some books because she said I was so nice. 


Both books were only $0.50 each. Resurrection is copy right 1886. I just love decorating with old books because they look great on a table or stacked up. 


Owl avon bottle for only $0.25. This estate sale was so great. Its what us vintage bargain seekers dream of. I found some wonderful things all at fabulous prices.


Another avon bottle for $0.25. I just fell in love with this one because its so cute, festive, and it came in its original box.


A mix of buttons, patches, and safety pins for $0.25


YAY PYREX! The bowl was only $1.00 and the pitcher was $3.49. The lady I bought the bowl from was so confused why I wanted to buy the bowl. Didn't bother me any because I was excited to find a Pyrex bowl for $1.00.


Cast Iron Frying pan for only $1.00. I can't wait to make hash browns on this guy. I am not a huge breakfast fan, but I love sausage and hash browns. Super healthy ha?


Vintage photos $0.25 each. I loved the poses. I am not sure what I am going to do with these, but when I see them at antique stores they are sometimes $5.00-$10.00 each. 


All of these blocks for only $3.00. I have some great projects in mind for these cute blocks. 


Sweet cross stiched runner for $0.25. I love wondering who owned the treasure before. Do you think they received it as a wedding present? Or maybe it was just for fun to work on during the evenings? Who knows, but I love thinking about it.


I got four of these place matts for $1.00. The tag says they were made in the Phillipines. I might turn these into some lovely art for our kitchen walls.


I already have some of these cheerful polka dot glasses, and I added these new colors for $0.60 each. 


These books were only $2.00. 


Very Small tin for $0.25 and a green tonka truck for $0.25


DRUM ROLE PLEASE!! Here is our best find...


We found this wonderful couch at the Salvation army for $75.00. We just love it, and Mr Joyful thrifter is so glad to have a couch that he fits on.

What treasures did you find? Please link up so I can share in your fun too!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter


Pin It Now!

36 comments:

  1. Woo HOO on the Pyrex for only $1!! That is a pretty awesome deal.

    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what awesome finds and at such affordable prices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another pitcher!!!! I think it is time for a trade :) LOVE the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go yard saling with you! Great finds and the prices were phenomenal! Enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - such bargains and that sofa looks super comfy. I love the salt and pepper shakers - so cute. We don't have yard/ garage sales here :( But I guess car boot sales make up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I adore the polka dot glasses. There's just something about polka dots that get me everytime. I can't believe how cheap all of these goodies were. What a great way to spend the day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fantastic treasures from a fabulous day spent thrifting with your Mr. Joyful Thrifter! Those are the best thrift days for me, when my husband is along for the day. I saw two of the owl Avon bottles at our Goodwill today. Funny that you would find one today, of all days. :-) I really like the couch it looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing your yard saling loot with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the salt and pepper shakers! The couch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whenever avon turns up, i'm transported back in time, to when one of my sis-in-laws was playing about with avon and trying it out on me... ha ha... i can smell it still. sort of.
    now, the couch! jealous, moi.
    and the blocks... even more drooling.
    i can understand the enthusiasm!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - top haul! Do vintage photos really cost that much in antique stores? I have about 100 or so...bye bye precious family members past! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those leaf-like place mats are beautiful, so delicate looking, I'll be interested to see what you do with them x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love the sofa, very retro looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! is right, those prices are crazy. Pyrex dishes go for around $10 in my parts. Your new lounge is fabulous, I can see why you are one happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! GREAT finds!!! I LOVE the polka dot glasses and everything else too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pitcher! I've been looking for an orange juice or lemonade one but it's so hard to find them with the lid! As for the couch, I love it. We have the same one in green. We call it the green goblin because whenever one of us lies on it we fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great stuff, but that sofa takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really had a great day! I love all your treasures and the couch is awesome. I must say my favorite is the milk glass s&p~so cute!! You got deal on those. Also the Pyrex bowl for $1...score! Vintage books and photos and....well I could go on and on! Thanks for sharing. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am addicted to thrifting, too! You found some great treasures, and I am envious of your Paris sign, it's tres magnifique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore that 'very small tin'. Great buys, a sofa like that would cost a lot more in the shops over here-lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What great finds! That couch is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a huge haul of treasures, love the slat and pepper shakers, the buttons, the dotty glasses, oh my i love it all. the couch! all such bargain prices.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You really did find some awesomeness! The milk glass s&p shakers are fabulous! I also like the sweet cross-stitched runner. I was lucky enough to find some vintage embroidered runners this week, too. I'll be blogging about them next week, I hope. The buttons, polka dot glasses and blocks are favorites, too! Great buys!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  23. that couch is divine. lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The couch is cool!

    So funny that she confused why you wanted the bowl, lol.. why?

    Sir Thrift-A-Lot

    ReplyDelete
  25. I dont know why but I have missed your last few posts.What wonderful things you found lucky you I wish we had some estate sales here but havnt seen any at all.I bet the dealers get there 1st lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so jealous of that couch! Lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  27. AH! I love absolutely all of it! Thrifting hauls like that certainly don't come about everyday. The couch is especially wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What great finds! All of it is amazing! That couch is fantastic! I love the color, the lines... what a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great finds! Totally swooning over the Paris sign. And that couch was a great score! Love the clean lines it has. Excellent work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. The polka dot glasses are so summery. That zinnia tin is great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my word, so many cool finds! I especially like the Pyrex and dotty glasses.

    Anthea :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. You had a great week! I love everything. That couch is amazing. The s&p shakers too cute

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!!! Y'all had a very successful day of thrifting! Everything is great - love the Paris sign on metal and what a great deal for such a nice sofa.
    Thanks for linking to Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks Rachael. I am officially a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The sofa is amazing!I am always afraid to purchased upholstered furniture for fear of where it was in a previous life...how do you sanitize upholstered furniture that you buy second hand?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...