Saturday, May 28, 2011

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

    It was such a fun garage sale day. Mr Joyful thrifter and I found an awesome block sale, and we got to walk from garage sale to garage sale finding great deals.

I found this sweet hand quilted table runner for only $1.00



Here is what $5.00 can buy you...Yes I did say $5.00 because Mr Joyful Thrifter is great at making deals. 





I found this sweet little copy of Little Women last week at a Sunday moving sale for $1.00.


Yellow Suit Case for $1.00. The sweet lady I bought it from told me she took it on her honeymoon 38 years ago. Like I have said many times before I love treasures with history.


I traded my mom one of my lemon Pyrex pitchers for this awesome suit case. It is so cool. It has a mirror and a little drawer on the inside. I am really enjoying my suit case collection. Its fun to see them all stacked up.



And finally my wonderfully sweet Mr Joyful Thrifter gave me these beauties this week just because.  He put them in my Pyrex vase. They look so lovely...


What treasures did you find? Please feel free to link up so I can share in your fun too!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Pin It Now!

25 comments:

  1. I love treasures with a history too, fantastic finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Didn't you do well. Love the quilt.
    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I am so so jealous of the cases! great finds♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you done good!!!My Fav is the case you scored of your mu LOVE it and those floral mugs are so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did find some great things this week. I'm glad Mr Joyful Thrifter is such a good bargain hunter since that quilt is amazing! Love the mugs and of course the little train cases are also fun to collect. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely lovely finds..as usual. The cosmetic suitcase is awesome. I must find time to check our garage sales, they seem to be better than thrift stores!

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love treasures with stories and history too! You got some great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those suitcases are gorgeous! In Brisbane we have a suitcase rummage sale ... they'd be perfect for highlighting vintage jewelry or dresses or scarves ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The butterprint Pyrex for $5 what a great deal! I love the suitcases and the story with the one. I love the smell of roses and the feel of their velvety petals on my nose when I go in for a whiff! All great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful finds! It is fun to have a history when buying vintage things, isn't it? You are going to make me look through my bookcases as I had that very same Little Women book; not sure if I still own it, but now I'm bound to find out. And isn't that a Nancy Drew book, too? I know I still have my NDs; loved her!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I found a great suitcase, too, that I posted in my thrifty finds this week -- it looks like yours, only it's brown and not yellow. I love them, too! Your hubby's quite the bargain master!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow what great finds, I love the cases :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! That hand quilted table runner is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The toadstool mugs are just amazing. I love the yellow vanity case too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Want the toadstools mugs, there perfect! What great bargains!! GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have 3 suitcases stacked up as an endtable in my family room. I just LOVE them! Great finds! (I am at NTT also!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the quilted stuff as i like all things quilted. The suitcases make me think of Anne of Green Gables but I have no idea why. Orange is a favourite colour of mine so loving the mugs. Little Women is a great read, nice to be reminded of it so thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the suitcases!! So charming and all of your treasures are just that -- treasures!! Just came back from Iowa and hit a few antique shops and scored some great finds of my own! Antique teaspoons, old, carved wooden floor protectors, gloves, etc. -- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of fun finds this week! The Pyrex is wonderful and I love the travel cases. Are you plan on redoing them or displaying them in all their vintage loveliness? Thank you for joining TTF and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finds. I love the travel cases. They're so well designed and classy looking. I have two that I use around the house =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the mushroom cups! PS. Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That yellow train case is amazing!! I have three of them and they are so great for display and storage!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...