Moving into our house meant we have an official laundry room!!!!!!!! Could you feel my excitement in those words. MY OWN WASHER AND DRYER!!! Yeah!!! We have been lugging our laundry to laundry matts or to the small washer and dryer room at our apartment for 3 years now. Now all I have to do is bring it down stairs in my cute wicker basket. I love doing laundry now (this feeling will soon pass, I am sure of it) Anyways because I am still me, and buying a house did not suddenly knock out my thriftyness I found an almost brand new washer and dryer on Craigslist for $350.00. I was so excited to find them both for that price. WAHOOO!!! I found this set the day before Thanksgiving, and Mr Joyful Thrifter was working. I quickly called my dad and asked if he would be willing to help me to pick up my new toys. He kindly agreed AND he also installed them for me. He is so cool.
To thank him for helping me the day before Thanksgiving I made him one of his favorite snacks "Chocolate Covered Raisins."
Homemade Chocolate Covered Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces of raisins
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add raisins and stir until well combined and mixed together.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet that has been lined with waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours or until firm. Remove from the waxed paper and enjoy!
- I like the chocolate on these to stay firm so I suggest storing them in the refrigerator, that is if you can avoid eating them all.
(recipe Via Lynns Kitchen Adventures)
Technically these should be cute little droppings with one raisin covered in chocolate, but some where down the line I messed up the recipe. That being said I actually made my dad Chocolate Covered Raisin Balls. They still tasted great, and he really liked them.
I think these yummy treats would make a really yummy Christmas gift too.
How do you thank people in your life for going above and beyond to help you out?
Pin It Now!