Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Weekend DIY Flop

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

  In the world of refurbishing and crafting you are bound to have a flop now and again. It just happens. Well this weekend I had a complete flop. I decided since it was the long weekend it was the perfect opportunity to paint my new shelf a pretty yellow color.


Here is the pretty yellow color I chose. 

Look at that focus. I was determined to do a great job painting my shelf.


Unfortunately my spray paint either went bad or I am horrible at spray painting. Not sure, but I am definitely leaning towards the paint was bad because it makes me feel better. The reason I think the paint actually went bad was because it was dripping out the bottle instead of spraying out of the bottle. We may never know


My hand got a better paint job then my shelf!


So what is the plan for my cute new shelf? I will suck it up and sand off all that gross paint, and then I will buy new spray paint and try again. The memory of my project will forever be in my parking spot. (Don't tell)

It was a fun experience, and now I get to laugh about it.

Have you had any DIY flops recently?

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I had some spray paint do that and I tried another can and it was wonderful. Try again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Silly spray paint.
    Better luck with take two.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, my flops usually happen around Christmas. That is the time of year I have flashes of Martha-Stewartism and visions of lovely sugarplum crafts to give to my underwhelmed family.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope my yellow spray paint won't do that! But, yes, I've had many flops but some flops turn into better ideas! Better luck next time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Gah!!* That stupid paint! I have never had my spray paint do that so I have to agree it was bad or there was something very wrong witht the nozzle.
    I have no doubts your next attempt at painting the cute shelf will work great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was the can. And try a rolling garment bag thing for a spray tent. Or grass...that gets mowed out. http://www.amazon.com/Clothing-Protector-Storage-Garment-54Lx16Wx20D/dp/B0049M3JVM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same thing happen with that exact color and can! It was so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...