Sunday, January 22, 2012

Joyful Creations Combined with the Joy of Pyrex

Hello Fellow thrifters and Friends,

   Another wonderful Sunday afternoon in my craft room. I used one of my favorite inspirations today, PYREX! 

The first thing I did was choose a beautiful yellow polka dot fabric. My mom gave me this fabric for Christmas


I found a picture on the internet that I printed out and put on my light box. 


Once you have your design traced the real fun can begin


I chose the crazy daisy pattern as my inspiration on this project. 


I free handed the daisy flowers, which scared me a little because I am not good at drawing. However I thought they came out pretty cute. 



I love how no project is perfect because when I started using my white thread it got all knotted up and I could not get it out. I had to pull out that whole row of stitches and restart. Such is the life of a crafter. 


I found a lovely font to trace onto my project. 


Trace your wording onto your project. 


YAY! We are getting almost done


I found this great oval hoop at the craft store. I did not even know they came in an oval shape. I was pretty excited for a different style of hoop. 


Next I glued down the excess fabric around the frame


ITS DONE!!!!


Here is the final project with its matching friends


What have you been working on lately?

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed. I want to get back to needlework. I haven't done it in a few years. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! I have never done needlework like this, only cross-stitch. But I was looking at some kits at a store yesterday. I would like to replicate some work like my grandmother did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...