Thursday, January 5, 2012

Joyful Creations

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

  After the hussle and bussle of the holiday season last night I got some quiet time to spend in my little craft room. I think its a room version of my brain. I look around at the sweet details and I feel like its my inspirations come to real life. I just love that about my little room. It welcomes me with open arms and says LETS CREATE!!! You might remember this was the first thing I created when I moved into my craft room


Last night Mr Joyful thrifter and I went to target to pick up a new board game, and in the dollar section I saw that they were preparing for Valentines day. Well that just got me excited about the pink and red holiday and I decided it would be fun to make a Valentines day card.

I started out with two completely contrasting pieces of paper. I love the black and grey on this paper. Plus its textured, which means PERFECT!


After cutting my card to the size I used my circle punch to pop out three circles at the very bottom of the card. You could pop out the circles on the side if you wanted a different look then mine.


I cut my contrasting paper to the same width as the card I was making.


Next I placed some glue near the holes I had just punched

Look at that transformation with just one simple technique


I then punched out little delicate hearts using this lovely rosey paper


I used pop up dots to give my little hearts some dimension. I also added a very soft silk ribbon in a mint green. 


I bought these stickers for a different project, but I did not get to use them. I love having all sorts of things on hand. It makes being creative so much more fun and easy. 


Here is the final product. I just love how simple and easy this card was to make



What have you created lately?

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Rachael. Makes me "almost" want to give card making a try....."almost" :) I'll stick with what I can make with a needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! Love the bins at Target! I'm "creating" my craft room! I hope to get to make some Valentine cards before it's here.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...