Saturday, February 11, 2012

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

     What an awesome treasure day! Mr Joyful Thrifter and I were finally able to go to some garage sales, and I am so glad we did. I was worried that a lot of sales would get cancelled because it was so gloomy outside, and it looked like it was going to rain. However we were so pleasantly surprised. Now on to the treasures!

This is one of my favorite finds. I just love how cute and little this table is. I saw it at the sale and I knew I wanted to take it home, so I asked how much. The sale was being held by to many men, and only 2 women. It was so strange. No one could agree on a price one person said $2.00 another said no it should be more. After going back and forth for a bit they finally decided on $1.50. SOLD! I was glad to pay $1.50 for this adorable table.


Three sweet little napkins were $0.50 for all three. I love how cute they are. 


I found this whole role of bird stickers for $0.25. I can't wait to seal some hand written cards with these adorable stickers. 


Speaking of cards. I was tickled to find these lovely cards for $0.25. I can't wait to send off a note using these cheerful cards. 


I saw this soap dish and knew it was wonderful. It is Avon, and I paid $1.00 for it.


Look at its cute little pedestal. 


Lovely pink glass from France. I got all six glasses for $1.50. I could not believe she only wanted $1.50. I was so excited. 




Ok this was my strangest purchase. Vintage billiard balls, and I only paid $1.00 for them. I am toying with the idea of selling them because I don't exactly know what to do with them. I just figured it would not hurt to spend a dollar on something that might sell well. 


I was looking for a soap dispenser for my newly decorated spare bathroom, and I was so pleased to find this unique one for only $1.00. The lever on the dispenser is really neat. 


Hope you all had a wonderfully thrifty week!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way:



Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. You always find such great deals. That little table is really cute. Plus I love the pink dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great items! I did go out last week and found a few things. Love that little table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from Savvy Southern Style. I love the pink glasses and the darling table! The soap dispenser is from Target; I bought it for my powder room and yours was a steal at $1 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want that soap dish, how pretty that it's on a little pedestal.
    Such fantastic prices for all your finds this week, you must be happy.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you got that little table for $1.50. Doesn't it just amaze you at the prices some people put on furniture. But than I was guilty of that when I moved. I sold my Drexel Heritage sofa for $25. I think that was a pretty good bargain! I love the little Avon soap dish and those bird stickers are super cute. What a thrifty day you guys had. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
    Lynn at Cottage and Creek

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful with the soap dispenser! I have been seeing them at a lot of my thrift stores lately. I bought one too, filled it up with soap and then the pump didn't work. Fill it with water first to check it. Great prices though! The glasses are beautiful and I love the pool balls! Let me know if you decide to sell them. :) You can reach me @ http://thriftscore42.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss rummage sales, and can't wait until spring when I can find some bargins. Your goodies are fabulous, and the prices were reasonable. Great thrifty finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those billiard balls are great! I bet you'll have no problem turning a profit on those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds and GREAT prices too!!! Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pink glasses are Arcoroc, the Rosaline swirl pattern. I sold a set of 7 on ebay last summer for a decent price. I love them, but have too many wine glasses. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...