Monday, March 19, 2012

Joyful Creations - Framed Window Part 1

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

    I am having so much fun decorating our spare bedroom, and I have been trying to figure out what I wanted for a head board. Pinterest saved the day when I saw this lovely idea:

(image via Pinterest )

Now I had to find a window so I could recreate this lovely idea. Here is my version of the fabric framed window:

Materials Needed:
- Window
- Fabric
- Industrial Staple Gun
- Scissors
- Picture hangers

 I found this lovely green window pane a few weeks ago at a thrift store, and I couldn't wait to find the perfect fabric to frame it in. Luckily I have the best mom who has an amazing collection of fabric that she is always willing to share with me. Basically I went "shopping" in my mom's craft room.


First I removed the mirror (which I not a fan of anyways) and the chain that was on the frame to help it hang vertically.
 

Next I got my awesome staple gun that my dad gave to me. It works so well, and is so easy to use.


I laid my fabric over my frame so I could trim off the excess fabric


I took my fabric scissors and trimmed off all excess fabric leaving enough to staple to the window frame


Then I began to staple around the whole perimeter of the frame, and down the panes. 
 


I needed Mr Joyful Thrifter's assistance to put these hangers on because I could not get that screw in to save my life.


The next step is the best: STEP BACK AND ADMIRE! 


 I think it came out so cute. 


Tomorrow I will show you part two where I will add cute details to my frame.

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I love displaying fabric behind the window panes. Easy to do and almost instant gratification. My kind of project. I love the yellow fabric you chose and your window looks great.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea to use one of those mirrors. I want to put a "window" over my couch for a new look! Now I'll be on the lookout! Thanks!
    Can't wait to see the finished look!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute!!! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! Love yours :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...