Monday, June 4, 2012

Joyful Creations - IPhone Case

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

    It seems like a very long time since I have posted a Joyful Creations post. Life just got busy, and crafting got put on the back burner. This weekend however I was able to do some fun crafts and I have a few to share with you this week.

  I don't know about you but it can be hard to keep your Iphone free from scratches when it is in your purse. I don't know why but the keys gravitate towards that screen like its a magnet. I decided a new case was in order.

Supplies needed for this project:

- Scissors
- Piece of felt (in a fun bright color so you can easily find it in your purse)
- Button
- Sewing machine and a needle and thread

I chose my new felt that I found recently at the craft store for $0.10/each. 


Step # 1 - Cut felt to desired size. I cut mine to fit an Itouch, but if you have a larger phone make sure you keep it handy so you can use it as a size guide. 
 

Step #2 - Sew both sides together. NOTE: make sure you do not sew the flap because you will want that free to fold over the top of the case. 


 Look you're almost done! The awesome thing about felt is that it does not fray so you don't have to take the same care to finish edges on these types of projects.


Step #2 - Choose a button to use as your clasp. You could also use a piece of Velcro. Since I did not have any Velcro I had to use a button.  DO NOT use a snap because you don't want to be snapping your case closed on the touch screen of your phone. 


Step #3 - Sew on your button. I love the happy mint green button that I chose.


YAY!!! It's looking really great!


 Step #4 - Mark the spot where you want your button hole to go. Then use a knife to cut out the button hole.


Step #5 - ENJOY YOUR FINISHED PROJECT! Welcome your phone into its new home.





Happy Crafting!!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute. Love the spotty felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Love the polka dots!! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and I love the felt. I haven't seen any felt like that at Hobby Lobby on my most recent trip. :) What a fun project!

    Jess
    http://thedelightfulcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...