Saturday, June 23, 2012

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

  I can't belive how long it has been since I have done a treasure hunt finds post. I have been thrifting but nothing has come home lately because not much was catching my eye. However, that all changed this week when I stopped at goodwill on my way home from work this week. I love the fun joy of never knowing what you will find when you walk into a thrift store. SO MUCH FUN!! I have been doing this for years, and it is still fun.

This week was a Pyrex week, which always makes me so happy. I have hardly found any Pyrex lately, so it was a joy to find some at a Goodwill that normally has nothing special to speak of.

I found these pretty coffee cups for $0.99 each. They had a whole bunch of them, but they are not super easy to drink out. Mr Joyful Thrifter and I have a thing about mug handles and we like GOOD handles on our mugs for daily use. These ones have more of a tea cup handle, so I bought two so I could share with a friend if they came over for tea. I do not have anything in this pattern so I was also excited about that.



The friendly Goodwill employee helped me spot this when she saw I was looking around for more Pyrex treasures. She showed me exactly where it was, and that I had missed it the first time I went down that aisle. Plus $2.99 is a great price for this beauty.


Side note. Does it make you sad when they use packing tape to keep the lid on? It makes me sad because it always pulls off the beautiful design on the Pyrex when you take off the tape. I would like to have a conversation with the person who does it and explain why they should use a rubber band or something else to keep the two pieces together. PLEASE PRESERVE THE PYREX! :)

Thank you for listening to my rant.


Finally the find that literally took my breath away! I am not just sounding corny because when I saw it sitting on the bottom shelf I said out loud "OH MY GOSH!" I could not believe that this beautiful dish was at this Goodwill. I snatched it up instantly. I couldn't believe the perfect condition it was in, and above all that this was one of the prettiest Pyrex dishes I have ever seen. I have also never seen it in real life. SO AWESOME!!! It was priced at $7.99, which I was more then willing to pay for an almost mint condition amazing piece of Pyrex.


Look at that amazing detail, and beautiful color. Pyrex Love has a bit more details on this lovely dish. The unofficial name of this piece is Spirograph.” You can click on the Pyrex Love link to learn more about why it is called that. 



I got so many compliments from people as I carried around my coveted treasure. Everyone loved the pattern and the color.



I do hope you all had a wonderfully thrifty week!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way:



Pin It Now!

30 comments:

  1. Wow that last piece with the "spirograph" design is really neat. I have never seen this pattern before. Great finds.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you got so many comments on that last piece of pyrex, I is stunning.
    The Pyrex luck has returned.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope I'm so lucky to find a Spirograph casserole - love that design,it makes me think of my old Spirograph that Santa brought one year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little cups with the blue on them are so sweet! Hubby uses a "mug" too! No little cute cups for him!
    Found a few things this week!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That spirograph is amazing. Fantastic finds. I scored some Daisy aka Sunflower bowls this weekend, not a pattern I've seen out in the wild yet(but not nearly as great as that spirograph). Got the large and the small for $5 at a garage sale. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Pyrex! I live in the UK and only get to really Pyrex hunt when I go to Maryland to visit my parents. Would you be able to get the tape off and save the pattern by washing it off?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that last piece of Pyrex is gorgeous. Great deal on it also. I haven't found much Pyrex lately. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. great finds! I have found a few nice pyrex things at Goodwill. I got the green bowl that comes from the nesting bowl set for $2.99. I hope to find the other ones at thrifty prices some day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love that last piece! So worth the price! All Pyrex is to be admired and enjoyed however and you did find some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice finds,especially the spirograph piece. They do ruin a lot of things with that horrid tape they use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that design! Didn't realise there were so many sites to share our thrifty finds! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Spirograph is VERY cool! I wonder if you could soak the dish in water to try and get the tape to left off some before you peel it? Or try baby oil to loosen it? then you could rub off the rest of the residue? Just wondering?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Spirograph lid on your Pyrex piece is very nice. I've not seen this before. Nice!! Great price on the other Pyrex piece, too. You found some cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an amazing Pyrex find! & the Butterprint - great price!

    I don't find that the pattern comes off with my tape, but I am glad they tape them in some stores or the lids wouldn't last on them for an hour. An elastic, I think, would lead people to think it's more secure than it actually is & lead to lid breakage.

    Soak the dish on hot water before removing the tape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, I cliked too soon...

    I wanted to say - it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that Spirograph Pyrex! That is the most gorgeous pattern, I've never seen it before! What a score! Totally worth $8. And the Amish print dish is amazing too! I wish such beautiful Pyrex was easy to find in Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow I have never seen that pattern before...and in my favorite colors. Very psychedelic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got some AMAZING dishes. Love them! I can't believe they still ruin the pieces with the tape. You think they would know better! Such a shame. Now a follower. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That top pattern is beautiful, and in SUCH good condition! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the first time I've seen the Spirograph pattern! How beautiful! Thank you, you've given me something to search for! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  21. That spirograph pattern is very cool!!

    Try using a hair dryer to loosen the glue on tape before peeling, or as you peel..it works good on stickers too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love me some Pyrex~ Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good hints about soaking before taking off the tape. I have been impatient and have had gold leaf come off of pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great finds! I love vintage pyrex, especially the ones with teal accents!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many beautiful finds! I love the Spirograph design on the last dish. Visiting from Coastal Charms.

    ReplyDelete
  26. holy cow whatta find! youre lucky I didn't beat you to it :D jk kami from thebluekazoo (and around the corner and down the street

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never seen that Spirograph Pyrex before! What a score! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so jealous of your fabulous spirograph find! It's #1 on my want list :) lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just learned about the Spirograph pattern a couple weeks ago! It's always a thrill to find Pyrex at the thrifts!

    Yesterday, I bought a blue snowflake at the thrifts for $1.00 and a big Butterprint bowl at the antique shop for $8.50! It was a fun shopping day! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...