I so love trying new food, and this was definitly a stretch for me. I am normally the type to buy a can of pasta sauce and call it a day, so to make my own sauce for my pasta was such a fun thing to try.
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 servings of pasta noodles such as linguini or spaghetti
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a medium skillet, add just enough olive oil to coat the pan over a medium-high heat. When the oil has warmed, it will appear water-like and begin to shimmer.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, let them cook for a few minutes so that they sear. Flip the tomatoes so they sear on the opposite side. When both sides are seared, remove them from the heat.
4. Add the garlic to the food processor and mince it.
5. Pit the avocados.
6. Add in the remaining olive oil and the lime juice and mix well. Then add in the lime zest and avocado meat, puree until slightly chunky.
7. Toss the cooked pasta with the avocado sauce and the tomatoes.
8. Chop the pine nuts and the cilantro separately to be used as garnish.
9. Garnish and enjoy!
I have to be honest my husband did not care for this dish, but I thought it was amazing and I so wanted to share it with you all. He is not a fan of super healthy foods, and I think this one crossed the line ;)Pin It Now!