Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY Wooden Monogram Sign

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
   I was so excited when I found out my sweet friend was getting married, and for me that meant making her an awesome shower present. I knew that I wanted to make her something, but I just didn't know what. I looked on Pinterest for inspiration. When I started thinking about the lovely shower gifts I received when I got married I knew what I wanted to make here. When I got married anything personal or specifically anything with my soon to be married name on it were some of my favorite wedding presents.
I asked the bride what her colors were going to be in her house and I went for it. 

I started off with a trip to Joann's where I found the "M" and the wooden plaque. Both of which were natural wood color, so that meant they were both ready for paint.
I used paint I had at home, which cut down the price of this cute project tremendously.
After painting the plaque and the letter I let them dry over night so I would not have any ugly finger prints on them.
I used chip board letters from my scrap booking stash for their last name and the date. 
After everything was dry I used my hot glue gun to attach everything together. I also used some sand paper to distress the edges. I didn't want it looking too new.
The hot glue gun worked very well on the chip board letters because it glued the corners of the letters down very nicely. They were a little warped after being painted.
I just love the finished product. The only thing that kept me from keeping this project was the fact we have very different last names. 
The bride loved the gift too!
Happy Crafting!
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. awhhhh that is so cute! I have a friend getting married next year. I will have to remember this!


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! It's so fun to get personalized gifts like that. I'm sure she'll love it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I might have to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...