Friday, June 28, 2013

Kitchen Island Update

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
   I have been looking at this unused side of my island for awhile now trying to figure out what I could do to make it a bit more functional and cute. I was browsing around Pinterest and I saw something that made me think that I could easily remove the doors and I would automatically have built in shelves for displaying my cook books and of course Pyrex.

Before: 
After: (sorry for the blurry shot)
I got all of my cook books together, and then played around with my Pyrex to see what was going to end up on the shelf. 
I decided to use all of my pretty yellow Pyrex. I usually like to bring lots of colors together, but I am trying to be a bit more simple in my decorating. I also really like how the yellows look together with my cook books. 
I think it is a great change. Plus it only took about 5 minutes to update this space in my kitchen. And the best part is that I did not spend any money to make this happy change in my kitchen. 
Happy Updating!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Great job! I love the monochromatic of all of the Pyrex in yello!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't fun when a change makes such a big difference. It looks great and displaying Pyrex is always a win win to me!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. the perfect spot for all that pretty Pyrex. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great update! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...