Saturday, June 15, 2013

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
   I was beginning to wonder if I had lost my touch at finding treasures because it seemed like I had not brought anything home in forever. I am go consistently to thrift shops but there really has not been anything at them lately. It is a little disappointing actually, but it does not stop me from going because it makes finding a treasure even more special. I have mainly been bringing home books and clothes, which don't get me wrong those are fun too. They just don't have the same effect as say a piece of Pyrex or a piece of furniture. Those are the "real" treasures to me. Also I think I have been doing really good about making sure I don't just buy something because it is cheap. I have been thinking about each purchase I make, and making sure I will use it or that it has a home somewhere.

This is by far my favorite find this week. I have been keeping my eye for a reasonably priced card holder for quite awhile, and today was my lucky day. I found out that a local antique store was going to have a flea market in their parking lot. I made sure to stop because I knew there would be some unique stuff there. When I walked up to the booth I think I gasped. I instantly walked over to the card holder and knew I had to have it. I showed it to Mr Joyful Thrifter and he said sure (he is just to sweet). The only problem was the price tag said $15.00. I had exactly $11.25 cash in my pocket and no more money except for credit cards which I did not think she would accept. As I was counting my money and getting more and more excited about the card holder I quickly asked the adorable older lady if she would take $11.25 for the card holder. She was more then happy to sell it to me for $11.25 because she knew I would love it so much. AND I DO!!! I am now trying to decide if I should paint it or leave it alone. What do you guys think? Paint or leave it alone?
Chairs seem to be coming to live in my house lately by the handfuls. I just keep finding adorable ones at great prices. I spotted this yellow one instantly at a garage sale. The lady selling her items seemed attached to everything she owned but her dad was there to remind her not to be sentimental about her stuff and sell it to me for $5.00. It made me giggle, but I was very happy to get this adorable chair for that price. 
My desk area needed a pop of color, so that is where this chair is going to live. Ok honesty moment here because you all are my friends. My desk is NEVER this clean. I pulled all of the junk off just to snap this picture. This is my dropping zone for my purse books and just strange stuff, but it sure does look pretty in this picture. 
Here is the other chair that came to live at my house this week. A very sturdy tanker desk chair. This thing is solid trust me because I accidentally dropped it on my foot. OUCH! It will last a life time. I found it at good will for $5.99
I love it at the head of my dining room table.
What did you find this week? I would love to see your treasures too! Feel free to link up below. Or you can post your pictures to the Joyful Treasure Hunting facebook page (link on the side bar).
Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way:
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Love those chairs. I would have bought that card holder in an instant, you sure got a good deal. Hmm, I'm thinking it would look great with a little rust here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL your finds this week! I love the yellow of the desk chair, and those old tanker chairs are among my faves. I think I'd probably paint the card rack, but that's just me. It's also pretty cool as-is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the card holder is awesome! Are you going to be using it for its intended purpose? Who really cares though because you got such a good deal on it!
    Love the chairs too! I have to refrain from buying more chairs, it's kind of an issue with me. Apparently I like to sit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! Love the card holder and I would leave it as is or rust it up a bit. I too am finding it more difficult to find things at thrift stores. I usually find more at garage sales and Estate sales! But most recently I've been going to auctions and have found great stuff and bargain prices! Check out my blog for recent finds!
    I'm your newest follower...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to find that card rack that you needed! I would definitely paint it. Color is so much prettier:-) Be sure to show us if you do!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card rack! I love the transformation that paint can make but I hate to do it so if it was me- I'd leave it. Especially if you'll be putting colorful things (cards?) in it! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...