Monday, June 24, 2013

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
   A trip to the Ventura swap meet yielded some awesome finds this week. I have been wanting to go to the Ventura swap meet for awhile, and my best friend just happened to have the day off. WIN WIN! We got down there and the weather was perfect, and we got to walk through each aisle at our own pace. It was so much fun.
Lots of lovely Pyrex, but I did not bring any of these beauties home.
Worlds BEST fish tacos and shrimp burritos. If you are ever in the Ventura area you MUST stop by and get some food here! I actually made the statement that the shrimp burrito was on my top five favorite foods I have ever eaten in my life. Yep the food is that good.
Just looking at this picture makes me want to drive down there right now and get all of this food again.
I left this behind at a thrift store, but I had to snap a picture to remember it. The inside was pretty gross, but it sure was fun to see this beauty.Plus it was only $90.00, which is a great price for this fridge. 
Here are the treasures I brought home with me. I was so happy to score these beautiful Pyrex mugs. These have been on my Pyrex wish list for a long time, and it was really exciting to find some in a great  avocado green color. The lady who had the booth was just trying to move her items so she sold all three of them for $5.00.
To be honest I have no idea what this even is,but I loved the shiny gold color with the cream center. It thought it would make a perfect candle holder. I paid $1.00 for it.
Metal picture frame for $1.00.
One of my great finds of the day is this vintage cafeteria tray. It is in great condition and has silver sparkles on it. So perfect. 
Now I am one step closer to recreating this table that I have been loving for forever.
Now that I have my turquoise record player I am happily picking up records when I find them. I spend any where between $0.50-$2.00. My two favorite records I have found are fiddler on the roof and west side story.

What did you find this week? I would love to see your treasures too! Feel free to link up below. Or you can post your pictures to the Joyful Treasure Hunting facebook page (link on the side bar).
Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way:



Follow my blog with Bloglovin Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I love the thrift stores in Ventura! Never been to the flea market though. I live less than 2 hours away so I really should head down there someday! Is it the same company that holds the flea market at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pyrexes.Reminded me of when I was growing up and of my mom's cooking.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Ellya
    @CuriositaEllya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that tray held my lunch at school. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. That table is super cool! I have a few of those trays, but I use them in my laundry room. I'm so going to keep that in mind though.
    The market looks like so much fun. I'm not a big fan of seafood, but your picture makes me wish I was!
    Glad you guys had a successful flea trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so much pyrex in one place. SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of that fridge... So cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would lay down and die to go to a flea market that big.....LUCKY

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tray is gorgeous, looking forward to seeing the awesome table you make. LOVE the outside of that fridge, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...