Monday, June 17, 2013

Project Life

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
   Have you heard of Project Life? Some of you may be saying duh! Of course I am taking a picture of me working on the computer right now so it can go in my scrap book. Others may be saying I am glad you have a project for your life that is a good goal. I discovered the project life product by Becky Higgins a few months back and I decided to hold off sharing it with you all to see if I kept it up, and I am happy to share it today because I have kept it up and I love doing it. Project life is a scrap booking product that is all about documenting every day moments. I love their slogan "cultivate a good life and record it." I really believe in this thought process. I am by no means a photographer but I consider myself a moment caputurer (yes I know that is not a word) because I love to remember the little moments of my day. I know you may be thinking how many special moments does a stay at home wife with no kids have? But I do. I love my life and I love capturing my day to share with my sweet husband when he gets home. It is a joy for me to remember this season in my life through this project. I want to be able to go through this book with my little ones someday and laugh about all the time I had to read and make fun projects. It will be so much fun to show them our lives before they entered into our life and changed it into something different. (NO I AM NOT PREGNANT! Lets not spread any rumors. I am just dreaming)

My album is a soft turquoise color and I just love it!
I try to take pictures of everything. This week was the season premiere of Downton Abbey, and every week when the show is one my sister and I "watch" it together. She lives in san francisco but every Sunday night we text and talk about the show the whole time. Thinking about that sweet time with my sister brings back such sweet memories. I love that we got do something together every week even though we are not in the same city. Yet another reason why I love this scrapbook. 
I get very bogged down in figuring out how to design a scrap booking page. With this product you simply slide your pictures in the pockets and you are done. I embellish pictures or add some details, but for the most part my pages are very simple. I want the focus to be on the pictures and the moments they are capturing. 
I try to make a conscious effort to snag things from places I go so I can put them into my scrap book. It will be fun to look at them 20 years down the road.
I hope you have a way to remember your moments too!
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! It will be so much fun to look at your "collections" as time goes by. I love what you included. Sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool thing to do if you can keep up with it and have the motivation to do it. I love seeing the ones people put up on blogs and it's a great way to remember little things that made you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks a lot easier than the scrapbooks I've been making. I'm currently working on one for my brother's 65th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh.. That is cool rach.. I can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for highlighting our downtown abbey evenings. I love those! Can't wait until it comes back next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh.. That is cool rach.. I can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for highlighting our downtown abbey evenings. I love those! Can't wait until it comes back next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachael,

    I just recently found your blog and I think it's very sweet, and I love your posts and pictures! I couldn't find a more detailed "About Me" section or anything so I thought I'd just ask a few questions to get to know you. How did you meet your husband? How long have you been married, and do you want children? I think I'm the most curious why you stay home - I don't really meet many stay at home wives! : ) Did you go to college and/or have a career before? Thanks for answering! I hope I'm not pestering!

    Thanks again!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine is in the Project Life. I think she is a designer. Her name is Donna Gibson. Here is her blog. http://365daysofdonna.blogspot.com/search/label/2013%20Project%20Life%20CT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to try again. It is called 365 days of Donna. She recently did some advertisement for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...