Saturday, January 26, 2013

Den Make Over Reveal

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   We have been slowly working on organizing and decorating our den, and it is finally ready for its reveal. This is Mr Joyful Thrifters room for his video games and also my books. I wanted it to have a real masculine feel, so I chose dark colors for the furniture and the accessories.

Welcome to our den!
 We found this leather couch at Goodwill for $25.00. When I was decorating this room in my head I really wanted a brown leather couch. I stumbled onto this one and could not believe the price. That was a lovely surprise!
Here are my upcycled bookcases finished and decorated. I think they came out great! I love how I incorporated personal items amongst the books. I had such a fun time setting these book cases up. 
 I love the paper behind the books. 
This is the first room in the house that actually looks finished, and I really do love how it came out. 
Smiles,
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love the couch, and I love seeing all your treasures finding their own special place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great bargain on the couch!! It is gorgeous! I love your room, it looks comfortable and inviting! The bookcases turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great outcome! The couch fits perfectly & the shelves turned out so well. (I especially enjoyed reading the titles on your shelves and realize we have something else besides thrift store shopping in common.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, cozy room. Love that couch and how you decorated the bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I just discovered your blog and I love it!! Gotta love all things thrifty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...the ones you have & more of Elizabeth Elliot's; Sacred Romance & more by Eldredge, Utmost/Highest, Pilgrim's Progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cozy and warm room! What a fantastic deal on that gorgeous leather sofa! And I agree with you, I love the paper on the back of your bookshelves. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just picturing your husband playing video games and you grab a book of your gorgeous shelves and curl up next to him on the couch... *sigh* Sounds like a perfect evening in a lovely room! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That room looks awesome. And such a great find with that couch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...