Saturday, January 12, 2013

Treasure Hunt Finds

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,
   You know those times when you find something at a thrift store and you think to yourself "this is why I shop second hand, so I can find treasures like these."I had that thought when I found this awesome box at GoodWill.
The inside is perfect, and one thing that was pleasently surprisng is that the zipper works too. Sometimes these old hat cases have broken zippers, but this one slides like you just brought it home from the store. 
The other awesome thing about this hat box is that I paid $3.99 to bring it home. 
Wahoo another pair of ice skates for Christmas decorations. I got these cuties for $3.00, and since I already have a pair of cute ice skates I am gifiting these to my mama. 
Milke glass vase for $1.00. I am going to collect these to put my bracelets on. I think it will help me remember to put them on when I get ready in the morning, and look super cute.
I can't wait to hang this above my closet door. So cute, and at $1.00 worth the silly splurge. 
Cute little juice glasses. I got 6 of them for $1.99, but I broke one right when I got home. That was a sad moment. Oh well I still have 5 cute glasses to enjoy.
Here is the other time this week I thought "this is why I shop second hand, so I can find treasures like these." This game is so awesome. 
Each stick has a different silly thing to read and giggle about. One of them says you are supposed to say  "Marry the Bride" five times fast. So cute.
And lastly my silliest find of the week. Who doesn't love Domo! I got him at GoodWill for $3.99. SO CUTE!!
Have you found any lovely treasures recently? If so please link up pictures to my Facebook page, or leave your blog link so I can enjoy in your fun.

Smiles,
Here are the lovely sites I enjoy linking up with. We get to share more fun that way:

Pin It Now!

21 comments:

  1. WHOA! I am drooling over EVERY last ITEM! That hat box and sign!!!! AND THE SKATES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat box!! That's special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure, but I think your "hatbox" might be a wig case. It looks like the type my grandmother had in the 60s-70s. The thingy in the bottom held the styrofoam head (which held the wig). Great idea to use the vase as a bracelet holder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat box is so beautiful!! I love the pattern of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning a real treasure hunting experience for the entire family is simple to do and will create memories that will last a lifetime. Getting your kids outside and active while engaging their minds and imaginations can be fun and exciting for Mom and Dad, too. With a little planning and a bit of imagination, treasure games can bring families closer together and will provide hours of fun and exciting entertainment.
    The Treasure Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finds. I love that suitcase and your hat box or wig case looks like it's in perfect conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wig case is SO LOVELY, I adore the pattern and colors.
    The dressing room sign is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dressing room sign is fabulous! Really great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using a pretty vase to display bracelets? What an AMAZING & totally Pinworthy idea! Love all your finds, especially the hat box. I love using old suitcases and hat boxes for storage.

    Have a great week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drooling over the hatbox! And that game is so cute. Now following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hat box is cool! Love it. Isn't fun to stumble on a great find? I just found a Royal Albert, Lady Carlyle teacup and saucer. I was super excited. It will most likely go in my shop :) Happy thrifting!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You picked the right day for shopping. All your finds are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found some goodies! I love that little sign.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got some great buys there.

    Debbie @ http://81deneroad.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm drooling over the dressing room sign and the amazing bridal shower story. What delightful gems!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the box you found at Goodwill! Congratulations! Found your post on Diann's blog! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey girls, that box is an old "wig" box. I am showinng my age, but we used those to carry our wigs and "wiglets" . Put the head form inside, pinned the wig to it and we could be beautiful where ever we went.....anyway, I think that is what you have, sure looks like the ones I used to have in the '60's. Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of wonderful thrifted treasures! But, that hat box is an amazing find! Thank you for sharing at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lot of treasure elements are given above. The Thrifters,the boxes & the boots are really awesome treasure property. Children specially like new things. If you can hide those valuable items & let them play treasure hunting to find the hiding items. This looks great! click here to know more about treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well all products look well and awesome and i also wish that one day i also have this type of treasure property. Whenever i saw this kind of products i share with my friends.Most of the time i purchase these kind of product in vacation and spend a time with my friends.click here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...