Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Joyful Creations - Valentines Wreath

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   I was blessed with a gift card to Michaels for Christmas from my sister-in-law, and I was excited to spend about an hour the other day browsing the aisles. I found so many wonderful things, but finally decided that I would buy the supplies to make a wreath for valentines day. I also got to buy a bunch of other fun treasures. I will share some more decorations later this week with Valentines inspriation. I just love this pink and red holiday. I say that every year, but it is true every year. I love my Mr Joyful Thrifter, and decorating for this holiday is so much fun!
I bought a basic branch wreath. I plan on changing this wreath up for each holiday this year. I think that is a great way to upcycle what I have and to decorate for the smaller holidays that are still so fun.
Look at this sweet felt ribbon I found in the valentines section at Michaels
 Since I plan on upcycling this wreath I did not use any type of adhesive so I could easily remove the decorations and start fresh with the next holiday. I simply tied everything onto the wreath.
 I made a simple heart banner using fabric and red ribbon. I sewed the ribbon right onto to the hearts. Very easy and simple.
 I tied my heart banner right onto the wreath
 I had this paper mache "R" in my craft room, and thought it would look so sweet hanging on my wreath. I love our letter, and use it for decorations all over our house.
 I L-O-V-E how this wreath came out. It looks so festive hanging on our door. Since I made it so early before the holiday I will get to enjoy it for a whole month!
Are you making any Valentines inspired projects?
Smiles,
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. It looks so cute! =]


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful sweetie, job well done! love the ricrac on it :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...