New Years weekend was perfect. You know those weekends that are a perfect mix of relaxing, fun, and projects. That was our weekend. We also took some time to cook some wonderful food together. We love cooking together, and this weekend we made a lot of wonderful eats. We started out by making yummy disappearing marshmallow rolls for breakfast. Mr Joyful Thrifter's mama makes these for holidays, or when we go up for a visit. They are super tasty, and very easy to make.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll marshmallows in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place marshmallows at wide end of crescents. Fold corners over marshmallow. Roll up each triangle, beginning at the wide end. Pinch seams to seal. Dip bottom of dough in butter.
- Place butter, side down, in ungreased muffin cups. Place muffin pans on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over puffs. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls
- Note: We did not make our own frosting because we happened to have some store bought frosting in the house
- Recipe from Taste of Home
We also made some yummy pigs in a blanket to go with our disappearing rolls.
What have you been cooking up at home?
Smiles,Pin It Now!