Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spare Bedroom Make Over - Pt #1

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

  Our next project we started working on after we finished the den is our spare bedroom. Let me start off by saying that I do like pink. However I do not love my pink bedroom. I think I got burnt out of this color growing up because my first "big girl" bedroom was painted pink just like this room was painted. As time went on this even bigger girl is not a fan of pink bedrooms anymore and it was time for a change.

I chose a storm cloud color by Valspar, and I think it is a lovely soft grey that brightens up this space. I did not want to choose too dark of a gray that would enclose the room and make it feel small, so I chose a lighter gray. 
 ~~Before~~
 Pink, pink, and some more pink. 
 Taping off the room before we get to cover it all up with my lovely gray paint. 
 I have never used these paint paddles before, but I was very impressed with the results. Mr Joyful Thrifter had used them before and we decided to try them on this project. 
 It is beginning to look lovely.
 We decided to paint the closet doors a dark grey as a fun contrast to the soft grey on the walls. 
I will post more pictures as the room progresses. I have some furniture projects for this room that I will share with you all too. 
Smiles,
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I'm thinking I need to do at least one room in my house in something with a 'grayish' hue.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...