Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Upcycling with Joy - Painted Book Cases Pt #1

Hello Fellow Thrifters and Friends,

   As you can see by the title I have a new series. Since buying our house, and more specifically gaining a garage, Mr Joyful Thrifter and I have been dreaming of many furniture projects. We started out with two bookcases that we already owned. The book cases hold my many, many, many books, but they did not match. Here is part one of the process to make them match and to make them more special.

Here are the book cases before the redo in all of their mismatched glory.
I was so excited to be introduced to the clearance paint section at Lowes. I did not know that you could buy paint at a thrifty price, but it sure was a great surprsie. What was so funny was that I went to Lowes to buy a paint in this exact same color, so to find it for $5.00 was a huge surprise!
Stir, Stir, STIR! 
Pour, pour, POUR!!
Ready to put the first swipe of paint on
YAY! So pretty
While I was painting the rest of bookcase I turned around to see my sweet Mr Joyful Thrifter painting this cute saying on one of the shelves. 
Time to let them dry. I will post more soon on what I did to make these book cases even more special. 
I hope you all are having a wonderful New Years Day!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Your bookcases are looking so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and they look better already!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished project. I know it will be special! And I think your husband has taken the first step toward a blog of his OWN :) "Joyful Painter"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...